ITPC-MENA is seeking an Access to Medicines Advocacy Officer who will manage the development and implementation of ITPC-MENA’s project Use of Trips Flexibilities to Increase Affordability of HIV, HCV and TB Treatment in Middle-income Countries under the supervision of the Advocacy and Research Lead to achieve the organization’s mission. The assistants main roles will be to :
- Assist the Advocacy Lead to develop and implement ITPC-MENA advocacy strategy
- Support the implementation of the Use of Trips Flexibilities to Increase Affordability of HIV, HCV and TB Treatment in Middle-income Countries project activities at the national and international level
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION
• Coordinate advocacy meetings, roundtables with decision-makers
and/or stakeholders in public health and HIV/HCV programming;
• Coordinate ITPC-MENA national and regional advocacy coalitions,
joint engagement and events;
• Support national and regional partners to develop and implement
advocacy initiatives for improved access to treatment
• Engage with media;
• Prepare advocacy, promotion and other related materials;
• Develop and strengthen relations with ITPC-MENA’s national and regional partners.
• Prepare reports, analytical papers and briefing notes;
• Participate in preparation of donor reports;
• Use advocacy activities to strengthen strategic partnerships;
• Participate in the development and implementation of relevant research;
• Performs other relevant duties, as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in Political Science and
International Relations, public health or related field experience.
• Experience with civil society activities, advocacy, public health, human rights;
• Demonstrated effectiveness in developing and implementing advocacy plans and actions;
• Good understanding of issues related to health and intellectuel property and access to medicines;
• Experience with media outreach and communications;
• Knowledge of policies on HIV, STI, sexual health, human rights, and other relevant policies in MENA countries and in UN organizations;
• Excellent written and oral French, English and Arabic language communication skills
• Proficiency in the use of databases and Microsoft Office
• Must be flexible with work time and scheduling
• Must be able to travel 40% of total work time
• Must be able to represent ITPC-MENA in national, regional and international arenas
• Commitment to ITPC-MENA’s mission and to the health and human rights of all people infected and affected by HIV and/or HCV, TB is essential.
The position is located at ITPC-MENA office in Marrakesh, Morocco but non-Moroccan citizens are encouraged to apply. ITPC-MENA will provide a nationally competitive salary package.
Send resume with cover letter : email@example.com
Reference “ Access to Medicines Advocacy Officer – First Name Last Name” in the subject line.
Deadline December 15th, 2018
ITPC-MENA is a regional non-governmental organization operating in the Middle East and North Africa region bringing together a network of community activists united by our vision of a longer, healthier, more productive life for people living with HIV and/or HCV. ITPC- MENA’s mission is to enable communities in need, to access HIV, HCV and TB treatment. ITPC-MENA was formed in 2010 as a project of Association de Lutte Contre le Sida (ALCS) and has been officially registered as an independent organization in 2015.