The Regional Global Fund Platform & health finanacing Manager oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of the Platform, including planning, implementation, and financial and reporting oversight.
The Global Fund is, to date, the largest international donor in the region. Beyond funding, it introduced a unique model that ensures that national responses are: community focused, human rights-based and gender
Key MENA populations still encounter deep discrimination in access to services prevention and access to treatment, hence the importance of having funding to guarantee this access.
This requires sensitizing decision-makers to include different community groups in health programs, especially in a context of budgetary restrictions as very few donors are engaged in the MENA region.
The Platform manager & health financing works closely with the programs director and the financial & administrative manager.
- Plan the delivery of ITPC-MENA’s Global Fund regional Platform programs and activities in accordance with our mission and strategic goals;
- Manage any consultants hired to support with program activities including contracts and follow up with deliverables;
- Initiate country missions to meet partners, in target countries identified when needed;
- Ensure updating of mapping and/or established databases of civil society organizations creation of mechanisms – such as list-servs, websites, e-learning tools and Facebook pages – to provide regular updates and information on Global Fund-related activities and to link organizations in need of technical assistance with technical assistance providers;
- Ensure coordinated approach with other regional platforms and others initiatives, and the share of the knowledge and information on Global Fund processes: participation in regular, joint conference calls convened by the Global Fund to share information, materials and best practices, participation in regional and international fora, etc;
- Develop and manage new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the Regional Platform;
- Develop and manage partnership and collaboration with civil society partners, regional initiatives, Global Fund staff, UN agencies, Technical support providers and Ministry of Health/National Aids programs;
- Develop and manage project budget and operating plan to support the program;
- Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization;
- Ensure the organization of workshops in Morocco and outside the country;
- Ensure the content of the website of the platform MENA as well as others media support while ensuring the update of the news.
- • Ensure the regular monitoring of the platform’s activities with the platform coordinator (one to one, semestriel reports, etc.)
- And all the other new activities in connection with the platforms but also with other ITPC-MENA programs; with a focus on funding opportunities to support all regional organizations and networks in MENA.