JOB DESCRIPTION: REGIONAL GLOBAL FUND PLATFORM MANAGER
International Treatment Preparedness Coalition (ITPC) Middle East & North Africa (MENA) is a regional non governmental organization operating in the Middle East and North Africa region regrouping a network of community activists united by our vision of a longer, healthier, more productive life for people living with HIV and/or HCV. ITPC-MENA’s mission is to enable communities in need to access HIV and HCV treatment. ITPC-MENA was formed in 2010 as a project of Association de lutte contre le sida (ALCS) and has been officially registered as an independent entity in 2015.
ABOUT THE MENA Global Fund Regional Platform
Hosted by ITPC-MENA, the MENA Global Fund regional Platform is one of the six civil society-led Regional Communication and Coordination Platforms supported by the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria to ensure that civil society and communities are effectively engaged in and are able to contribute to the development, implementation and oversight of programs supported by the Global Fund.
The objectives of the Regional Communication and Coordination Platforms are to:
– Enhance knowledge of civil society and community groups about the Global Fund and access to technical support;
– Coordinate with other technical assistance initiatives;
– Improve understanding of technical assistance/capacity development gaps for civil society and community groups;
– Support strategic capacity development initiatives.
The MENA Regional Platform aims to empower and further support key populations and civil society to better understand their roles in relation to Global Fund-related processes, specifically concerning access to Global Fund financing and issues concerning community, rights and gender (CRG).
The Regional Global Fund Platform Manager oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of the Platform, including planning, implementation, and financial and reporting oversight. The Platform manager works closely with the programs director.
- Plan the delivery of ITPC-MENA’s Global Fund regional Platform programs and activities in accordance with our mission and strategic goals;
- Manage any consultants hired to support with program activities including contracts and follow up with deliverables;
- Initiate country missions to meet partners, in target countries identified when needed;
- Ensure updating of mapping and/or established databases of civil society organizations creation of mechanisms – such as list-servs, websites, e-learning tools and Facebook pages – to provide regular updates and information on Global Fund-related activities and to link organizations in need of technical assistance with technical assistance providers;
- Ensure coordinated approach with other regional platforms and others initiatives, and the share of the knowledge and information on Global Fund processes: participation in regular, joint conference calls convened by the Global Fund to share information, materials and best practices, participation in regional and international fora, etc;
- Develop and manage new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the Regional Platform;
- Develop and manage partnership and collaboration with civil society partners, regional initiatives, Global Fund staff, UN agencies, Technical support providers and Ministry of Health/National Aids programs;
- Develop and manage project budget and operating plan to support the program;
- Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization;
- Ensure the organization of workshops in Morocco and outside the county;
- Ensure the content of the website of the plateform MENA as well as others media support while ensuring the update of the news.
- University Degree (4 years minimum) or equivalent, preferably in Public Health or related field experience.
- Extensive in knowledge of HIV/AIDS and TB issues and/or issues related to training, and the development of community-driven programs.
- Proficiency in the use of databases and Microsoft Office.
- Written & verbal French, English and Arabic language communication skills.
- Must have the ability to be flexible with work time and scheduling traveling.
- Must have the ability to travel at 40% of total work time.
- Commitment to ITPC-MENA’s mission and to the health and human rights of all people infected and affected by HIV and/or HCV/TB is essential.
The position is located at ITPC-MENA office in Marrakesh, Morocco but the position is open to non-Moroccan citizens too.
Send , by September 25, resume with cover letter (NO phone calls please): email@example.com.
Reference “REGIONAL GLOBAL FUND PLATFORM MANAGER” in the subject line.