The Global Fund in the MENA region
The Global Fund against AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM) is the largest financing institution that supports government and civil society in their response to HIV, TB and malaria in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.
As of 2015, the GFATM is funding programs in the following 14 countries in the MENA region: Algeria, Djibouti, Egypt, Erythrea Irak, Jordan, Mauritania, Morocco, Somalia, South Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen, and West Bank and Gaza (Palestine).
S/s : See document attached ” CRG : PROGRESS UPDATE SEPTEMBER 2015″
About the Platform
The MENA Regional Platform, hosted by International Treatment Preparedness Coalition – Middle East and North Africa (ITPC-MENA), is one of six civil society-led regional platforms supported by GFATM to ensure that civil society and communities are effectively engaged in, and are contributing to the development, implementation and oversight of the GFATM programs at country level.
The platforms aim to increase access to information for country level civil society groups on the GFATM processes and enhance access and coordination of technical assistance.
What we do
- Enhance civil society and communities’ knowledge and understanding of the GFATM processes
- Identify civil society’s technical assistance needs related to the GFATM project development, implementation and oversight
- Identify appropriate technical assistance providers and link them with organizations that need support
- Coordinate with technical assistance providers for optimal and maximum effectiveness
- Promote strategic capacity development initiatives
How we do it
- Networking and information sharing
- Capacity building on the GFATM processes (webinars, trainings, workshops, conferences, seminars…)
- Research and documentation to generate data and information on the GFATM and civil society (needs assessments, mapping of regional NGO’s, desk reviews…)
- Identify civil society technical assistance needs and brokering with providers
- Provision of information materials, best practices, guidelines on GFATM translated in local languages, etc.
S/s : See document attached “MENA Regional Platform on Global Fund and Civil Society”
ITPC-MENA is a regional network of treatment activists, people living with HIV and their supporters advocating for access to HIV treatment, care and prevention. Our activities are focused in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA).
Our regional office is based in Marrakech (Morocco) with a team that is comprised of experts with extensive knowledge and understanding of HIV prevention and treatment issues, and the specifics of the MENA region. ITPC-MENA works in partnership with several national, regional and international organizations. For this project, ITPC works closely with the GFATM and other regional platforms around the world.
1.Anglophone Africa: Eastern Africa National Networks of AIDS Service Organisations (EANNASO), MENA : International Treatment Preparedness Coalition (ITPC-Middle East and North Africa), Francophone Africa: Réseau Accès aux Médicaments Essentiels (RAME), Eastern Europe and Central Asia: EECA Consortium, Latin America and the Caribbean: Centro Regional de Asistencia Técnica para Latinoamérica y el Caribe – CRAT (Via Libre), Asia Pacific region : Asia Pacific Council of Aids Service organizations (APCASO).
How to contact us ITPC MENA MENA Regional Platform 158, Boulevard Abdelkrim El Khattabi, Gueliz, Marrakech 40000, Morocco Tel. (+212) 5 244 233 55 www.itpcmena.org firstname.lastname@example.org