The Global Fund in the MENA Region:
The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria is the most important organization in terms of funding state and civil society in their fight against HIV, TB and malaria in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA).
Since 2015, the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria has developed funding programs in the following 14 countries in the MENA region: Algeria, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Iraq , Jordan, Mauritania, Morocco, Somalia, South Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen and the West Bank and the Gaza Strip (Palestine).
The platform :
The MENA Regional Platform, hosted by the International Treatment Preparedness Coalition in Middle East and North Africa Region (ITPC – MENA), is one of six regional civil society platforms supported by the Global Fund Civil society and communities are effectively engaging and contributing to the development, implementation and monitoring of Global Fund programs at the country level.
The platforms aim to increase access to information on Global Fund processes and to improve access and coordination to technical assistance providers for the benefit of civil society and communities on a national level.
Our role :
* Strengthen the knowledge of civil society organizations and community groups of the Global Fund and provide guidance on how to benefit from technical assistance
* Coordinate with other technical assistance initiatives
* Better understanding of gaps in technical assistance and capacity building within civil society and community groups
* Oversee strategic capacity building initiatives
Our expertise :
* The provision of a wide network of partners and the sharing of information
* Capacity building on Global Fund processes (webinars, training, workshops, conferences, seminars, etc.)
* The creation and processing of data and information related to the Global Fund and civil society (needs assessment, mapping of regional NGOs, contextual analyzes, etc.)
* The identification of technical assistance needs of civil society and the linkage with technical assistance providers
* The provision of information documents, best practices and guidelines for the Global Fund translated into the different languages of the MENA region
ITPC MENA MENA Regional Platform 158, Boulevard Abdelkrim El Khattabi, Gueliz, Marrakech 40000, Morocco Tel. (+212) 5 244 233 55